Skip to main content

Topic: My youngest DD turned 5! (Read 203 times) previous topic - next topic

My youngest DD turned 5!
Wow, the time has flown by! My youngest DD just turned 5 on Sunday. My son turned 8, six days before her!

I'm excited about the new season that we're going into. Next year, I will have a kindergartener, 3rd grader, and 6th grader.  :D

I'm really not too sad and nostalgic about the baby stage passing. As much as I enjoyed the kids when they're babies, I find that I enjoy them even more as they get older. I'm looking forward to fun family activities in the future. Already, DD does a pretty decent job of keeping up, when we're hiking.
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Re: My youngest DD turned 5!
Reply #1
Ruth, Happy Birthday to both kiddos!  :glitterhappybirthday:

• Joy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
Aww, Ruthie...!!   :smileylove:  Your babies are getting bigger.  *sigh*  :heartbeat:  Happy Birthday to both of them, my friend!  :balloons:  And congratulations to you for being such a great momma!  :huggingfriends:  

I know how you feel about the baby stage passing and embracing the new stage of parenting you're in.  :lovesmile:  I find it just keeps getting better.   :happygreen:  I'm also finding it fun to see the C'Babies getting older and us entering different stages of parenthood together.  It's exciting, and it's fun to share our new experiences with each other!   :loveshower:

I love you, sweet Ruthie!!  :happyhug:

:pinkhappyheart:  :pinkiloveyou:

Joy :welcomewave:

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
Happy birthday, kiddos!
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

Reply #4
Thanks ladies!  :D

It really is amazing to watch the C'babies grow up. I joined C'moms when I was 3 months along with Hannah. She'll be 11 in August.  :whatwacko:
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

• jy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #5
Congrats - it does seem different not having a baby around anymore.  My youngest will be 6 in June. :D
Julie - blessed by 12 children :)

• Joy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
Awww, I love it, you guys.  :lovesmile:  Ruthie, I remember when you were pregnant with Hannah. And I remember when you were in labor with her and walking all over your yard.   :smileylove:

:beatingheart:

Joy :welcomewave:

Reply #7
They do grow up quickly don't they! We have to enjoy them while they are small. We find it hard to believe that our oldest DD was once the size of our youngest toddler. We do very much enjoy the activities and discussions we can have with the older children.

• Becca
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #8
Aww your kids are getting so big, Ruth!! I hope they each had a wonderful birthday celebration~ :balloons:
It's hard to believe I will have a fourteen year old next month!! Gracie was just two years old when I joined C'Moms and I was pregnant with Jon. He is now eleven.  :icon_eek: But it definitely is fun watching them all grow up. I am so glad that we still have some of our "faithful" C'Mommies that have been here from the beginning. I feel like you are all my sisters and I can't wait to see you all one day in glory!!!  :heart:
Daughter of the King of Kings  :crossinpurple:
Wife of an awesome husband :couple_inlove:
Mom of Jonethan and Gracie, ages 11 and 13 :lovesmile:

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.455
Script Memory Usage: 6.51MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.422935 / 0.031995
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 99 (show)
Files included: 51 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 22: 0.00132s for 56,527 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]