Skip to main content

Topic: Pregnancy check-in! (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Pregnancy check-in!
Missing Jen's (@JRBL03) wonderful pregnancy check-in's and so excited that we have a couple other pregnant ladies on here! So jump in and tell us how you're doing--how far along you are, how you are feeling, what's going on with your pregnancy.  :D  :D  :D
Lynn
Happily married, mommy to three munchkins

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Re: Pregnancy check-in!
Reply #1
So I am 21 weeks today! Hard to believe...in some ways it feels like it's going really fast; in others ways slower. I'm still fighting headaches, but they aren't as severe and otherwise I am feeling pretty decent these days. Trying hard to keep active and fit, knowing that I will be slowing down in the heat of the summer!

I had my midterm ultrasound this week and....

....It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!  :jumping:  :preggostorkgirl:  :babygirl:  :pregnantside:  :pregnantpatbelly:

I really didn't have any clue what it was. No intuition whatsoever! We had been hoping for a brother for Noah--but I really think he has started to settle into his position as the oldest/only boy, and enjoy those privileges and responsibilities. But we are thrilled with the news that this is a girl. Having three little girls in a row is going to be a blast.  :threeamigos:  They are going to love it and I am really excited about what God has in store for our family.
Lynn

Reply #2
Congratulations Lynn!

How fun to have another little girl!  :itsagirl:  :sleepingbaby:  :balloonsgalore:
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

Reply #3
Congratulations Lynn! Another sweet little lady for the home. 😀 I'm glad you're doing better. I have had headaches with some pregnancies too. Not so bad with this one.

I'm 17 + 2 today and have my anatomy scan on April 3. I'm really excited to be able to do a fun gender reveal with the children. I will request the technician not say it out loud and then will get some sort of gift to reveal gender to them.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good. I've popped out significantly. I'm sure I'll look like a whale in July and August. Lol. I feel like I've been a little tired so I'm just trying to gauge myself and take it easy whenI need to. I feel some aspects are going fast and others slow too.

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #4
Celina, as tiny as you are, I doubt you'll look like a whale, ever! Although I know you'll feel like one! I always do, even though people are always telling me I look so tiny pregnant! :-P I'm a very average size, but I have a LONG torso that really hides a baby. Even at 21 weeks, you can't tell I'm pregnant just to look at me, unless I dress in a way that emphasizes my belly (which I don't).

Thanks, Ruth!
Lynn

• jy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #5
Way to go, ladies.  Keep on growing. ;) 
Julie - blessed by 12 children :)

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #6
We have an oldest boy and then 3 girla too. :)
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #7
Congratulations, dear Lynn!  :heart:

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #8
Thanks, @Madre !

@jen1981 , I guess I knew that, but I hadn't really thought about that being true for your family! In my husband's family, they had a boy and three girls...then another girl....then a boy finally...then 2 more girls. I just don't think that's quite what God has for us! 1 boy and 3 girls is feeling like a nice sized family to me right now.  Course, I may feel very differently in a few years! :-P
Lynn

Reply #9
You know Lynn,
I'm feeling a little like my quiver is starting to get full too. I'm just not sure how many more times I want to do this! My hubby thinks my mind will change a few months after the baby is born but I'm not sure this time. It's something I'm really going to have to trusT God about.

Reply #10
You can always go with the, "Wait and see until menopause plan." LOL!

My youngest is 5 years old and we're very contented with 3, but we could change our minds someday or God could give us a "bonus baby" and that would be fine.
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

Reply #11
That's basically the plan I'm on. I figure I've got 10 years left which could mean lots more babies. The Lord knows what I need and can handle.

Reply #12
I'm 34, so I've probably got at least a decade left of fertility too. My hubby and I use Fertility Awareness method which has worked very well for us. We don't plan on any permanent measures unless I developed medical problems that made pregnancy dangerous for me.

I always chuckle when people ask if I'm "done." Only God knows!

Reply #13
I'm 38 in April so maybe I've got a few less than 10. I am aware of FAM but not sure it would work in our situation. I think I'm just getting older and pregnancy is a little harder now. I know God will give me strength but I just  have to make sure I take it easy and get the rest I need.

Reply #14
I turn 35 in April!

I'm sure that pregnancy gets more difficult with age. It's also probably harder to get as much rest because of having other little ones to watch.

My youngest baby was born shortly before I turned 30. I recall that pregnancy being more busy because of having two older children.

I got less naps in when she was an infant too.

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #15
Congrats Lynn on another baby girl!!!

I am 37y now I was 35y when I had #6 and it was a very hard pregnancy, I am thinking mostly because my diet was horrible during that pregnancy, I ate WAY too much sugars and that made him about 10lb baby, my others were 7lbs-8lbs, so I was HUGE lol I said I was done, but here #6 is 18 mos old and I want another haha
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

• jy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #16
I just wanted to give you wonderful mommies encouragement.  With God all things are possible.  Yes, it's harder to be pregnant when you are older.  My last successful pregnancy and birth was just shy of turning 41.  But, I sure do miss it now, after trying 5 years later.  It was God's timing that said you can't hold another baby to carry in there.  But, now, I'm reaping the benefits of that long-last baby cuddling by having a grandchild. :D  The Lord is kind. :)
Julie - blessed by 12 children :)

• Joy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #17
Darling Lynn, I missed your announcement that you're having another baby girl!!  Yaaaay!!!!!!   :multi-stars:  :bounceonflower:  I'm so happy for you, my friend!!  :happyhug:  I'm in the 'oldest boy, followed by 3 princesses' club, too!!  Our girlies are inseparable! And Scotty truly adores being the girls' big brother, protector and advisor.  They all look up to him and turn to him for advice and comfort. Love, love, love!!  :heartbeat:  I know you're going to have so much fun, Lynn!!  :lovesmile: :huggingfriends:

:flower-smiley:  :cloud9:  :flower-smiley:

Joy :welcomewave:

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.385
Script Memory Usage: 6.65MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.923859 / 0.066989
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 129 (show)
Files included: 51 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 24: 0.14725s for 56,514 bytes (show)
Queries used: 22.
[Show Queries]