Skip to main content

Topic: Who's here? New NFP/FAM roll call! (Read 96 times) previous topic - next topic

Who's here? New NFP/FAM roll call!
This section is pretty quiet lately.

So who all is currently using NFP or FAM? Any thoughts, observations, questions, etc?

DD just turned 5 years old and my cycles have been back since she was 13 months old. So, about 4 years of charting after her. I also charted for a little over a 1 year in between my 2nd and 3rd kids before deciding to TTC again, so that makes a total of slightly over 5 years of using FAM for TTA now.

My cycles have always been very irregular. I love that FAM saves me the expense of buying pregnancy tests. I think that I would be continually wondering if I was pregnant, if I didn't chart and thus, know when to expect AF and how long my luteal phases were.

• Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:33:55 PM by BlessedMommy
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Re: Who's here? New NFP/FAM roll call!
Reply #1
I don't really fam or nfp, I chart cp and cm, my body being like clock work has worked for me and never has failed me, we only protect in the fertile week (week before I ovulate) once ovulation is over we stop protecting, I never ever recommend this way to anyone lol unless you are like clock work and really know your body(and even then that's your gamble lol), we fall pregnant when I don't chart my cp and cm because getting pregnant isn't that big of a deal anymore lol
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

Reply #2
LOL, Melinda!  :happygreen:

Everybody is definitely different. I would feel lost without taking temperatures because my cycle is consistently inconsistent. :icon_lol:
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #3
Interesting tidbit, I got a Fitbit and wear 24/7, I noticed my resting heart rate staying steady then slowly increase and stay up then drop down on cd1 almost like I was temping, I notice a dip in heart rate on the day of ovulation, so rhr would be 55,57,58 then drop to 55 (day I ovulate) then jump to 60,61,60 etc then on cd1 it would drop to 53-55 and cycle start over, some report that around time of cycle their rhr would jump higher and they found out they were pregnant! google has mixed emotions about it, I can find many blogs and message boards that agree but any real science to it the articles I find contradicts each other, anyway I thought it was interesting
  • Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:37:15 PM by Melinda
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

• Eva
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #4
I'm a bit like Melinda except I don't chart my cp. I just chart my cm and use protection when I'm getting cm. So far it's worked brilliantly. We aren't planning any more babies but wouldn't be against it if it did happen. But so far charting my cm has been fine for not getting pregnant.
Eva~Texan mom to Abigail (10), Micah (9), Lydia (7), and Eden (4)

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.3.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 20 01:26:55 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.08375
Script Memory Usage: 6.4MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.090986 / 0.007998
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 75 (show)
Files included: 49 - 889KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 23: 0.07095s for 56,235 bytes (show)
Queries used: 21.
[Show Queries]