Skip to main content

Topic: accommodative estropia  (Read 41 times) previous topic - next topic

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
accommodative estropia
It's a type of strabismus, I noticed a few months back that my 19mos old left eye would cross inward, I took him to a pediatric ophthalmologist and he is very farsighted (can't see up close) so he tries so hard to focus on things upclose and that causes his eyes to over cross, he gets glasses :/ I am not real happy about him needing glasses so young, I know that being so young they will eventually just be apart of his face like his ears nose etc, only 8 places near me even sell toddler glasses and only one takes his insurance and they only sell miraflex frames which I was not impressed with these at all, I did get them and it will be 2 weeks before we get them back because they don't carry the frames in stock, they had pairs to try on but they don't sell those it's just to try on and then they had to order his lenses since they are strong they said they don't carry those in stock either, I caught it in time so there is no "lazy eye" so no need for patching, just glasses will correct his vision and the over crossing will stop, after reading up in this it seems that the little ones realized they could see with their glasses and therefore there was no fighting of having them wear them, this is what I am hoping for him
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

• Joy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: accommodative estropia
Reply #1
Aww, I'm sorry your sweet lil' punkin is going through this, Melinda.  :hug: :heartbeat:  Is this something that he'll grow out of? I pray you guys find the perfect glasses for him and that he's fine with wearing them.  :prayer:  For the record, I think tinies in glasses are just the absolute cutest.  :smileylove:  One of my closest friend's youngest daughter worse glasses from just under two years old and up.  She's so cute!! 19 years old now!!   :lovesmile: 

:loveyou:

Joy :welcomewave:

• Jessy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #2
I pray that he receives them well. Good that you caught it so early to prevent having to wear the patch, etc. Bummer that you didn't have much choice in frames, hopefully they work out for you.

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #3
Aww, I'm sorry your sweet lil' punkin is going through this, Melinda.  :hug: :heartbeat:  Is this something that he'll grow out of? I pray you guys find the perfect glasses for him and that he's fine with wearing them.  :prayer:  For the record, I think tinies in glasses are just the absolute cutest.  :smileylove:  One of my closest friend's youngest daughter worse glasses from just under two years old and up.  She's so cute!! 19 years old now!!   :lovesmile: 

:loveyou:

Joy :welcomewave:

After doing a lot of reading online I see that it is possible to grow out of it around 9-12y of age but his ophthalmologist never said anything about that, she just said that later on he could end up with bifocals, I don't know if that means that could happen before he grows out of it? Or she don't feel he will grow out of it? Idk I go back in June to see how he is doing in his glasses and I will ask her about it, but either way I can believe he will grow out of it lol
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

Reply #4
I have a friend whose son has this. I think they are going to try and see if they can get him to go without glasses. Hugs to you and your little man!

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-642.6.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 26 06:52:09 UTC 2016 x86_64
Server Load: 0.06
Script Memory Usage: 2.06MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.728889 / 0.070989
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 74 (show)
Files included: 50 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 23: 0.00241s for 56,262 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]