Skip to main content

Topic: I got a positive (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: I got a positive
Reply #20
Next, U/S is Friday at 2:30. DH should be able to make it to this one. Most likely taking dd with us.

Side note---
My MD sent me to a Sleep doctor because she feels that I may have Sleep Apnea. He tested my iron and I it is really low, (last time my iron was tested it was within normal range) so he put me on iron tablets and vitamin C. He is also having me do a sleep study, he said being diagnosed will help with the baby health and the PCOS.
This appt was scheduled before I got my positive.
Kay
    Bride to DH since May 16, 1998
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Two in Heaven Thanksgiving 2014 & Summer 2017
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014
    Sold my first cake in 2017
    Member Since November 30, 2012

Reply #21
This u/s was a confidential one. They had my screen turned off and did not show us the baby or the heartbeat. My DH could see their screen but she clicked so fast he not sure what he saw. He does think that he saw her measure the baby at 4.7 mm which is too small for 7 weeks.
I will be able to view the results online later tonight or tomorrow morning. But I won't get a call until Monday.
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

Reply #22
I called a requested a call about the results. The doctor that I talked to before called back and talked to me. The results were inconcusive because no heartbeat was found. She says that I can choose to do another u/s to verify or we can move forward as if we did lose the baby.
I am torn because I so wanted this child so I don't want to give up hope but my instincts tell me I need to move on. I also don't want that what if feeling if I stop taking the meds.
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
I'm sorry, praying for wisdom for you and peace. Hugs!
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

Reply #24
It has been a busy weekend. My Dh had signed us up for a couples camp through the church. We were packed ready to go when the doctor called. After a little time, we left, dropped dd off at my sister's. I was doing great until just moments before we arrived. When we got there DH went and talked to the leader. We decided to go ahead and stay. That night the leader told the whole group, which even though I hate that kind of attention, I was relieved that I would not have to repeat the story over and over through out the weekend. I only had 2 people come and ask how I was, which to me is great. Because many of the couples also attend our church and many are friends with my siblings that attend the same church. DH agreed to send them all a text letting them know before someone assumed they knew.
We took time before joining the large group and planned on having the confirmation u/s this week. However, my body has started the miscarriage.
So overall we are doing good, it is just going to a long week.
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
I'm sorry, sweetheart. Hugs and prayers!
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #26
Praying for you sweet friend *hugs*
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #27
I'm really sorry, Kay.  :heart:

Reply #28
I thought I would come back and update how we are all doing.
I am gotten through the hard part last week. My Dr has called to check up to make sure I am doing alright and wants me to have blood drawn to make sure my HCG drops back down properly. When I did the draw on Tuesday it was still about 940. So I have to do it again next week, they want the number below 5. Does anyone know why they do this? My last OB just had me come in for a physical to make sure I was cleaned out, no blood draws.

My DH and I finally got a chance to talk about the baby last night. He said he was keeping himself at a safe distance away so that he would not hurt as much if we lost this baby like he did with the last baby. We had a good talk,

We explained to dd that I had a baby in my belly but that the baby died. We told her that we were not sure if God would help put another baby in my belly, so she may not get her sister.
She asked how was the baby going to get out of my belly. Before we could get the right words out, she decided on her own and said, "Oh is that what the butt crack is for". She changed up her night time prayer to "Dear God, Please can I have a NEW baby sister and daddy a son" - She decided from our talk that the baby was a girl. I am so glad that she asked as much as she needed but not too much and that she did not get too sad or mad about what happened.
She tried to tell one of the day care boys about the baby, not sure how much he heard as it was just talking as they played.

Last night we while DH and I were talking, we received an email from the kid's church pastors wife from our church. She heard about the m/c and she offered to sit and talk or even a meal. She let me know that they just went through an epitopic pregnancy.
I could not help thinking how perfectly timed her email came in, at the same time we were talking through the m/c and how we felt.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:51:58 PM by alwaysgreener
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
I'm so glad you were able to have a good talk with your dh and that you have a friend toshare with. What a blessing! Hugs and prayers to you.

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #30
It's normal protocol to make sure your levels go back to normal, I am not sure why? To make sure you passed it all? I know they made me come in several times until they were back down

I am happy you have someone to talk, miscarriages are so hard and cause so many unanswered questions, praying for you still
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

Reply #31
I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. I pray for healing and peace in your heart and mind. Hugs!

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.3.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 20 01:26:55 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.10625
Script Memory Usage: 6.82MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.100984 / 0.006998
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 103 (show)
Files included: 52 - 956KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 33: 0.03187s for 57,918 bytes (show)
Queries used: 23.
[Show Queries]