Skip to main content

Topic: Movement (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Movement
Another curious question lol not really sure if I should be concerned, the only positive thing I can find on google is an anterior placenta, I will be 18wks Tuesday and have not felt any movement at all, absolutely none, I go to dr Thursday, so don't have long to wait and of course I don't own a Doppler, one of those silly things about how this is my last pregnancy and no point in investing in one only to end up pregnant again later and saying the same thing again haha, my last u/s was at 13 wks with an u/s tech, she never mentioned an anterior placenta, so idk just find it weird to be so far on my 7th baby and have not felt anything :/
  • Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:04:07 PM by Melinda
Mom to 6 boys (15,12,9,7,3,1yr) and several late 1st trimester losses,

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Re: Movement
Reply #1
Melinda, from what I just read, this seems relatively common, even if you've given birth before.  I'm sure your dr. visit will ease your mind. :hug:

• jy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #2
I remember having that with one of mine, Melinda.  I was concerned too, but as long as still heard that precious baby heartbeat, I was fine.  The movement didn't happen until exactly 5 months along, then. whew!  God be with you. :)
Julie - blessed by 12 children :)

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #3
Baby hb is in the 140s, 20wks and still have not felt any movement, seems really weird to me lol it's hard to feel pregnant with no movement, definitely a unique experience, to have a pregnant belly feeling yucky and no baby movement, level 2 ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday, should give me answers why I don't feel him and hopefully a guesstimation on when I will start feeling him move

• JRBL03
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #4
I remember with a couple of mine, I felt little to no movement until 21-23 weeks. It was crazy. I usually feel it pretty early. It was scary! I do remember Wyatt was especially quiet, he hardly ever kicked. Thus, his nickname "quiet Wyatt". I was actually scared something was wrong... but every ultrasound was perfect, and he was born perfect. Just quiet in the womb. I would have to lay there and poke him over and over to get him to kick. So weird. He's like that now, content to just sit and chill. Ha!

Reply #5
You could have an anterior placenta. Hopefully the ultrasound will ease your worries.

~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #6
So google was right lol I do have an anterior placenta, seemed so weird to see him wiggle and move and not feel any of it, he was a big wiggle worm wouldn't sit still so they want to do another ultrasound in a month, no concerns everything looks good but I guess they have to get a good pic of everything because I think every pregnancy they want to do another one because they couldn't get decent pics of something lol which I don't care just means I get see him again lol

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #7
Keep us posted, Melinda!  Glad you got to see your little guy moving around. :)

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #8
I am so glad you got to see him, Melinda!  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:
Lynn
Happily married, mommy to three munchkins

Reply #9
How are you doing?
Kay
    Bride to DH since May 16, 1998
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Two in Heaven Thanksgiving 2014 & Summer 2017
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014
    Sold my first cake in 2017
    Member Since November 30, 2012

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #10
Hi thanks for asking :) I am 27wks now, finally feeling him move but still nothing anyone else can feel on the outside, definitley a new experience in being so far and just now feeling movement and no one else can lol my ob talked me into doing the glucose test, I usually opt out, he said just the 1hr one, well I failed it by 5 points (wants it no higher than 140 and I got 145) and I am not redoing the 3hr one, I haven't seen my ob about it but the nurses that called were perturbed with me in refusing, been dreading the appt because I don't won't to argue but I am not doing it, 7th pregnancy other than vomiting it's a very healthy pregnancy, all my pregnancies are, 70% of women fail the 1hr and pass the 3hrs with flying colors, know someone that failed the 1hr with 220 and still passed the 3hr with flying colors, glucose drink makes me soooo sick, severe headaches, very dizzy, extreme exhaustion I usually opt out, diabetes doesn't even run in my family which is also another deciding factor if you will have gestational diabetes, my 80 and 90y old grandparents don't even have diabetes, no aunts uncles brother or sisters have diabetes, after they drew my blood at the 1hr mark I vomited and then dry heave because there wasn't nothing in my stomach, I sat in my vehicle a bit for the dizziness to pass enough to drive home, thought maybe I need to eat, so stopped and got me something small, puked that up before I got home, couldn't keep anything down for the rest of the day, with waves of dizziness and bad headache, same thing that happens every time I drink that stupid drink, so no my ob can get mad I am not redoing the test, my body is not used to that much overload, I am really praying he just forgets it and let's it go because I have been really stressing about this conversation we will have come next appt :/

Reply #11
I had to do the 3 hours for my dd because I was just under 140. I told them no, let's just pretend I have gestational diabetes and I will start testing and let you know if I am too high. They said no, that I had to take the 3 hour. My dh said he was concerned for me and he wanted me to take the 3 hour. I said but I passed the 1 hour. I did 3 hour and passed.
Anyways, I had my sister take me, just in case I felt flush.
Kay
    Bride to DH since May 16, 1998
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Two in Heaven Thanksgiving 2014 & Summer 2017
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014
    Sold my first cake in 2017
    Member Since November 30, 2012

• Melinda
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #12
I took them with 1-4 and passed fine, I quit with 5 and 6, he only wanted me to do it with this one is because I am old, apparently at 37y your ancient to be conceiving *rolleyes* I have no one to take me nor do I have anyone to watch my little ones while I sit down there for 5hrs (45 min drive one way to ob) and if I had done the 2hr one my levels would of been dropped back down to normal and would of passed by second blood drawn, I still can't believe they still do a glucose test, there are other ways that aren't so unhealthy for you and the baby, frustrates me :/ lol

• jy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #13
I hear you, girl.  I hated that orange drink test!!!  I usually failed with the last 3 babies.  Oh, well.  I was usually fine, as long as I kept up on extra greens, etc.  Yeah, you'll get the 'old talk'.  I had to put up with it, too.  God is with you and you have my support.  Remember doctors and nurses just try to scare you, because they want to go by the book. ;)  The Lord is your strength.  Keep being a happy mommy. :)
Julie - blessed by 12 children :)

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 1.015
Script Memory Usage: 6.57MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.493924 / 0.041993
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 114 (show)
Files included: 50 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 21: 0.00132s for 56,238 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]