Skip to main content

Topic: Sad day today (Read 80 times) previous topic - next topic

Sad day today
So today it hit me that I was officially out of time and my DD would be starting school on Tuesday.  Everything just seemed to tear me up. My dd kept telling me, "don't worry mom all come right home after school". I kept telling her that I was supposed to be the brave one. She never teared up once.

So tonight we went to the meet the teacher night. We walked into the room and had to find her chair. To my surprise she was sitting next to EX daycare girl that bullied, bite and hit her. Daycare mom bullied to me and got mad at me for terming. She is the one and only parent that is no longer with me for whatever reason that I see at the local store and local events from time to time.

Seriously, of all my worries on my dd starting school, this never crossed my mind. Daycare girl is older than DD and would have been old enough to start school last year. Daycare mom started Daycare boy earlier age than the state allowed (even though he was not ready). I figured he would do the same with Daycare girl.

Anyways, I talked to the teacher and told her that Daycare girl and DD did not get along in my daycare and wondered if the seats could be switched, she agreed and thanked me for the heads-up. Did I overreact? Would you have done the same?

What should I do if they get along and they want to have a playdate?

(They did get play well sometimes, but it was a roller coaster ride and competition with this girl. Her friendship was fake with dd was based on what she could get out of the relationship. She would whisper to my dd some mean thing when I was out of the room (I stood around the corner since I could tell there was something up) and she thought I was out of earshot.)

Then while putting dd to bed and reading her devotional, it was about losing loved ones and how they will live on in heaven. Seriously started crying again, as today would have been my grandma bday. I never get sad over losing my grandma, especially on her bday, especially since it has been 13 years since she passed. But it just hit me of all the devotional that I could have read today and all the days that this one could have been on, this is where it falls.
Kay
    Bride to DH since May 16, 1998
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Two in Heaven Thanksgiving 2014 & Summer 2017
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014
    Sold my first cake in 2017
    Member Since November 30, 2012

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sad day today
Reply #1
Hugs! I think you did the right thing with requesting a seat change. It never hurts to prevent drama. :)
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #2
Kay, I think you should cut yourself some slack.  You just had a difficult loss, accompanied by some real hormonal changes.  I'm assuming that this is your daughter's first year at school?  It can be sort of traumatic for a mom when she first sends her little one off to school.  And for the entire day! (Personally, I think that half day kindergarten was a good idea to sort of ease everyone into the separation, but that ship has sailed.)

Also, I think you made a wise decision regarding the seating.  Your daughter has a history with the other girl.  Maybe things will change for the better, but it's good to give them both some space.  And you don't necessarily have to agree to play dates.  They will see each other all day in school.  I found that when my kids came home from school I needed to do some catch up on their attitudes and sort of get them back into the swing of home.  So, maybe school will be enough for your daughter to be with other kids.  Also, just thinking, since you run a daycare, I'm sure there is no dearth of companionship for her.

I'm sorry about your grandma.  I know it was awhile ago, but you are in a sensitive place right now so it's no surprise that the devotional hit you the way it did.  I don't think we ever really get over losing someone.  The pain lessens, but the loss is always there.   :heart:

Reply #3
Thank you both.
My dd was tired when she got home. She did not eat her cold lunch (plus refused to eat breakfast this morning) all she had to eat was her snack which she ate at lunch time with out anything to drink. They did not make sure she had her cold lunch or got in line for a hot lunch. Little frustrated that they did not notice her empty hands. They have policies in place to prevent hungry children from going home hungry.
When she got home she chugged 2 bottles of water when she got home because she was so thirsty. Being a child care provider, lack of food and water just make me so frustrated.
She cried just before we had to leave this morning and said she did not want to go today. Then at dinner, she tried to tell us that she only wanted to go every other day. DH did not believe me when I told him that she was refusing to go to bed because she was stressed about school. After he prayed, she calmed down and went to sleep.
If I did not mention before, my dd is an introvert and she will most likely not talk at all in school for the first couple weeks to anyone, including the teacher. (she has been in Sunday school rooms since 8 months old and rarely talks to anyone for the whole time.)
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

Reply #4
She missed the bus today, bus window is 7:57 to 8:17. Yesterday the bus was here at 8:04. Today my dd decided that she was only going to school every other day. So she had no interest in getting ready this morning and we step out the door 5 minutes late (after getting her up 10 minutes earlier than yesterday). When we stepped out we saw a bus sitting at the neighbor's driveway, our driveways run alongside each other and both are long but theirs is longer. (this is the neighbor that moved in after dd was born, they have 2 little girls, one older and one younger than dd, that has never wanted to make friends or be civil with us but that is another story) anyway, I thought it was their bus but I told dd to get moving. The bus pulls away, the neighbor gets out of her truck and starts walking up her drive to tell me that it was dd bus. I called my dad to take her and then called the bus garage about the bus being early. The neighbor's bus comes and the neighbor gets out and talks to her driver, I do not think anything of it. She comes up her drive and tells me my dd bus is on the way back. (insert shocked face) I rushed dd back down the driveway, her bus comes and the driver tells me that she plans on being 9 minutes early from now on. Ugh. That means that I got to get dd up even earlier until she gets the hang of all this.

BG- (but just the cliff notes version) the neighbors were very blunt when they moved in that they did not want to be friendly. I put some effort in and would try to at least wave to them, but they would never look in my direction or wave back. I was really disappointed because I had prayed that a family would move in with lo that dd would be able to play with but I got over it and moved on. Well in May we were leaving one morning and it was just after the neighbor put her dd on the bus, she was walking up the driveway as we passed her, then she waved. We, of course, waved back.
Yesterday after dd got off the bus, her dd got home, DH notices a toy in their driveway, he showed it to me and then put it in their mailbox. I mentioned that to her after she told me about the bus being dd. She said that she had found it and her dd was really upset when she had lost it. But they had no idea he was the one to find it until I said something.
Hopefully, this friendliness will continue.
Kay
    Daughter May 14, 2012
    Foster Parent 2010-2014
    Day Care Provider 2014

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.94875
Script Memory Usage: 6.41MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.248962 / 0.014997
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 74 (show)
Files included: 51 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 22: 0.00147s for 56,514 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]