Skip to main content

Topic: Prayers for a peaceful passing for my goldfish (Read 38 times) previous topic - next topic

Prayers for a peaceful passing for my goldfish
We have two goldfish. We've had them for almost 4 1/2 years. One of them developed a lump on his right side awhile back. For the last few days, he's been acting very sick. He mostly lays on his side in the tank. My prayer is that he passes naturally soon. I know that for most fish cancers, pretty much the only real treatment option is surgery and I'm just not going to attempt that or have a veterinarian attempt that.

If he doesn't go on his own soon, we'll have to consider euthanasia, as I don't want him to continue his obvious suffering. Clove oil in water is an effective and humane euthanasia, but I'd prefer not to have to make the call.
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

Re: Prayers for a peaceful passing for my goldfish
Reply #1
He passed away naturally last night. The funeral and burial will be when my husband comes home for lunch today.
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (8), and Abigail (5)

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 0.385
Script Memory Usage: 6.38MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.082987 / 0.013997
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 58 (show)
Files included: 50 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 23: 0.00162s for 56,237 bytes (show)
Queries used: 21.
[Show Queries]