Skip to main content

Topic: Mic check...1,2... :) (Read 56 times) previous topic - next topic

Mic check...1,2... :)
Hello ladies!

Im rather introverted out there in the real world, so im hoping  to meet some like minded friends to fellowship with.

Im 26 this year, and my wonderful husband and i had our first son almost 2 years ago (time flies!)

He works over nights at a hotel and i work 40 hours a week in a nursing facility. Im the bingo caller ;)
That means i have less time with them than id prefer, and even less to maintain a vibrant social life. It gets kind of lonely!

I have way too many interests! I cant pick just one hobby and stick with it, i want to learn them all. I like to crochet cute little animals, i like to draw and paint and use oil pastels, i like cooking (no gluten allowed in my kitchen though!), conspiracy theories , theology,  podcasts, documentaries, nature things, photography, exercise, stand up ... you name it and i probably like it.

Im a meyers briggs INFJ personality type if that means anything to anybody.

I accepted Jesus in 2014 and its been amazing to see how different my life looks since then. Im truly a new creation!

Thanks for creating this space, cant wait to get to know you all!
  • Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:39:06 PM by SuncoastMama
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17

Re: Mic check...1,2... :)
Reply #1
Welcome! :D

I'm gluten free too.

I joined this forum (at its prior location) when I was 3 months pregnant with my oldest. That's been over 12 years ago now! This is a great supportive group of ladies!
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (9), and Abigail (6)

Reply #2
Wow this site has a good bit of history! What was it before it was christianmommies?
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17

Reply #3
The forum name was the same. It was at a different web location though. We've been at our current location for about three years.
~Ruth, wife to Tim since 11/6/05 and WAHM to Hannah (11), Micah (9), and Abigail (6)

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
Welcome! We're gluten free too. Half the family is gluten intolerant so I cook all gluten free.
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

Reply #5
Hello and welcome! I'm gluten free too! The rest of my family isn't though but I try to limit too much baking and someone else has to do it.

Look forward to getting to know you!😀

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.23.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 13 22:44:18 UTC 2018 x86_64
Server Load: 0.17625
Script Memory Usage: 2.06MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.142978 / 0.019996
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 81 (show)
Files included: 51 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 22: 0.00286s for 56,580 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]