Reply #320
"It matters enormously if I alienate anyone from the truth."

~ C. S. Lewis

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Re: Quotes for the Journey
Reply #321
"Believe God's love and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your rock is Christ, and it is not the rock that ebbs and flows but the sea."

~ Samuel Rutherford

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #322
"We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until... we have stopped saying "It got lost," and say "I lost it."

~ Sidney J. Harris

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #323
"Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard."

~ Winston Churchill

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #324
"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #325
"Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life's problems fall into place of their own accord."

~ J. I. Packer

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #326
"Let us give up our work, our thoughts, our plans, ourselves, our lives, our loved ones, our influence, our all, right into His hand, and then, when we have given all over to Him, there will be nothing left for us to be troubled about, or to make trouble about."

~ J. Hudson Taylor

• LAlvis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #327
"Let us give up our work, our thoughts, our plans, ourselves, our lives, our loved ones, our influence, our all, right into His hand, and then, when we have given all over to Him, there will be nothing left for us to be troubled about, or to make trouble about."

~ J. Hudson Taylor

Madre, that is beautiful! I needed this today!
Lynn
Happily married, mommy to three munchkins

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #328
I'm glad, Lynn.  I needed it, too. :hug:

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #329
"Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived."

~ Shane Claiborne

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #330
"The unceasing activity of the Creator, whereby in overflowing bounty and goodwill, He upholds His creatures in ordered existence, guides and governs all events, circumstances, and free acts of angels and men, and directs everything to its appointed goal, for His own glory."

~ J. I. Packer
  • Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:28:14 AM by Madre

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #331
"I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes, imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion."

~ Jani Ortlund

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #332
"Bid faith look through the key-hole of the promise, and tell thee what it sees there laid up for him that overcomes; bid it listen and tell thee whether it cannot hear the shout of those crowned saints, as of those that are dividing the spoil, and receiving the reward of all their services and sufferings here on earth."

~ William Gurnall, from The Christian in Complete Armour

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #333
"A sensible thanksgiving for mercies received is a mighty prayer in the Spirit of God. It prevails with Him unspeakably."

~ John Bunyan

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #334
"Are we not all immortal till our work is done?"

- Robert Murray Mc Cheyne

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #335
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."

~ George Washington

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #336
"A chuckle a day may not keep the doctor away,
 but it sure does make those times in life's waiting room a little more bearable."

~ Anne Wilson Schaef

"If I were given an opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself."

~  Charles Schulz

"It is pleasing to the dear God whenever thou rejoicest or laughest from the bottom of thy heart."

~ Martin Luther

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #337
"The sympathy which is reverent with what it cannot understand is worth its weight in gold."

~ Oswald Chambers

• Madre
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Premium Member
Reply #338
"It is an old custom of the servants of God to have some little prayer ready and to be frequently darting them up to heaven during the day, lifting their minds to God out of the mire of this world."

~ Philip Neri (1515-1595)

• jen1981
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #339
I like this, Madre. I think this is what it means to have an attitude of prayer throughout the day.
Married to Andrew since Jan.2001, mom to Keith~Nov. 2001, Elayne~Dec. 2003, Eleanne~May 2006, Elysha~2009

System: Linux loki.coreisp.net 2.6.32-696.13.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 21:22:16 UTC 2017 x86_64
Server Load: 1.0625
Script Memory Usage: 6.55MB
Script CPU Time (user/system): 0.168822 / 0.134979
Browser ID: elkarte (possibly_robot)
Templates: 3: index (cmoms), Display (default), GenericMessages (default).
Sub templates: 9: html_above, body_above, pages_and_buttons_above, messages_informations_above, messages, messages_informations_below, pages_and_buttons_below, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 1: index+Addons.english (cmoms).
Style sheets: 5: index.css(cmoms), font-awesome.min.css(default), _light/index_light.css(cmoms), prettify.css(cmoms), jquery.atwho.css(cmoms).
Scripts: 12: sha256.js(default), elk_jquery_embed.js(default), prettify.min.js(default), elk_jquery_plugins.js(default), script.js(default), script_elk.js(default), theme.js(cmoms), spellcheck.js(default), jquery.atwho.js(default), jquery.caret.min.js(default), mentioning.js(default), topic.js(default).
Hooks called: 120 (show)
Files included: 51 - 899KB. (show)
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 22: 0.00140s for 56,527 bytes (show)
Queries used: 20.
[Show Queries]